You know what it’s like. Opening the fridge, looking in, finding nothing but outdated ham and an empty jar of mayo! Or maybe you don’t. Maybe you are one of those Mums who have it all together, cooked meals every night all healthy and organic.
But one thing is for certain, saving some bread is something we can all relate to. The end of the month is like looking down a well and finding drops of water hanging off of the cold, hard cement.
When pay day comes around, I’m like…
And guess what I did this month with my dolla bills yo?
GOT THIS MAGICAL MACHINE……that made these delectable treats……
Seriously though. Bread is the best. Let’s just gaze at this for a second longer….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
With this bread making machine you have artisan, rustic sourdough and scone modes as well as a fruit and nut dispenser so you can make freshly baked bread ALL DAY E’REY DAY ; ).
Bye, bye stale loaf.
Just imagine, a cold winter night, wooly jumper, soft and squishy Penguin slippers, the smell of vanilla scented candles, the heat of the fire, a dressing gown keeping you warm and snug. Maybe a little kiddie cuddling up to you?
……and a man in the kitchen making freshly cut bread with your new Breadmaking machine! Yup, you huuurd THAT, your man is in the kitchen making Bread with Breadmakers by Panasonic. Can I get a what, what?!
And I’m like….
Watchu think bout that?
On a real note, my boyfriend actually made me bread. This was a real moment in our lives and it was AMAZE. I love him so much, but NOW, pssshhhhh I mean c’mon he made me BREAD. ; )
For some inspiration, here’s a little recipe I took from BBC Good Food (because let’s face it, I don’t know any recipes and I can’t cook)…
For the dough
- 120g/4oz unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 150g/5½oz caster sugar
- 1½ oranges, finely grated zest only
- 4 green cardamom pods, seeds only, ground
- 1½ tsp salt flakes, ground
- 330ml/11fl oz full-fat milk, at room temperature
- 90g/3¼oz 0%-fat Greek strained yoghurt
- 700g/1lb 9oz strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 12g/⅓oz fast-action yeast
For the filling
- 115g/4oz dark chocolate (80% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 75g/2½oz ground almonds
- 75g/2½oz flaked almonds
- ¾ tsp cocoa powder
- ⅔ bird’s-eye chilli, finely chopped and seeds removed
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs