I had a delicious American pancake style breakfast at Jackson & Rye and then spent the day in a beautiful park. Luckily my boyfriend has some photography skills and took all these photos, so it was free! Boooya! I decided on an autumn theme as it’s only ever sunny in London for a couple weeks here and there, and I think the beanie, jeans with t shirt look is more “me.” Based on my experience, I’ve written top tips for pregnancy photoshoot, enjoy!
- 7 months is the prime time to shoot your maternity photography. By this point you will feel and look your best.
- Get your hair and make-up done, even though this doesn’t make a difference as you are already naturally beautiful, it will build your confidence!
- Shoot from a higher angle to flatter all body shapes.
- If you decide to do the shoot at your home ensure you clear the space of clutter. Usually the living room or bedroom is a good choice.
- Tip to the photographer (if it’s your boyfriend, friend, Mom): build her confidence about how beautiful she looks!
- Always shoot in colour, you can request black and white as well, but you’ll want both just in case you change your mind.
- If you are changing outfits, bring a robe or a shirt so you can cover up between lighting/environment changes etc. This will help you feel more comfortable.
- If you go on location for your maternity photography, try to capture a silhouette shot by exposing the background. These types of pregnancy photos are always popular.
- Don’t forget the siblings! (I didn’t have this obviously, but would have definitely if I could!) This always makes for an ADORABLE photo. : )
Thanks @pooprainbowmama for the link-up!